This easy Chicken Parmesan Over Angel Hair Pasta recipe is good enough for company. Panko breading adds crunch and fresh mozzarella bubbles on top. Divine!
Chicken Parmesan Over Angel Hair Pasta makes “Spaghetti Night” special! Your family will Chicken Parmesan that is as good as from a restaurant. Panko breading for the chicken breasts and fresh mozzarella rather than bagged and shredded make this dish extra good.
Chicken Parmesan Over Angel Hair Pasta
- Deep fat fryer
- 1 whole boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 egg beaten and mixed with about 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup panko breading
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 box angel hair pasta cooked
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella sliced into 8 slices
- 1 tsp olive oil or butter for the pasta when it's cooked
- Preheat the deep fat fryer to 345 degrees and heat a 1½ quart pot of water to boiling. Add about ½ tsp of salt to the water.
- Pour the spaghetti sauce into a small saucepan and heat through on low.
- Cut the whole chicken breast in half. Then cut the two halves in half horizontally creating 4 pieces of chicken breast.
- Wrap each piece of chicken in wax paper or plastic wrap. Use a meat tenderizer or large coffee mug to pound the pieces of chicken into roughly ½ inch thickness.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the egg wash and cover completely.
- Then dip the egg-washed pieces of chicken into the panko breading mixed with the Italian seasoning.
- Carefully place the breaded chicken pieces into the deep fryer and cook until golden brown – about 5 minutes.
- Place cooked chicken on a platter lined with paper towel to drain the oil.
Angel Hair Pasta
- While frying the chicken, cook the angel hair pasta according to package directions. Angel hair pasta usually takes no more than 5 minutes to cook.
- When the pasta is tender, drain it and drizzle with a little olive oil or add a little butter to keep the noodles from sticking together. Sprinkle the noodles with a little salt.
Putting It All Together
- On four dinner plates, add enough angel hair pasta to cover the bottom of each plate.
- Top the pasta with about 1 cup of spaghetti sauce.
- Then place 1 piece of chicken on top of the pasta and sauce.
- Finally, top each piece of sauced chicken with 2 slices of fresh mozzarella.
- Broil each plate of Chicken Parmesan on low for about 3 minutes until the cheese melts and is bubbly.
- Use a hot pad to remove the plates from the oven and serve.
This Chicken Parmesan recipe is also very easy. The angel hair pasta cooks in about 5 minutes. Cutting the chicken breasts in half horizontally and pounding them thin makes them cook quickly in a deep fat fryer. And you want the chicken to cook quickly. Panko breading browns in no time. If the chicken breasts are too thick, the breading will be over-done and the chicken will be under-done.
How to Prepare the Chicken Breasts for Chicken Parmesan Over Angel Hair Pasta
For this recipe, use boneless, skinless chicken breast halves. Cut each half in half again horizontally creating a thin chicken “steak”.
Then lay each thin cut of chicken breast on a cutting board. I prefer using plastic cutting boards for meat. They’re easier to disinfect. Then cover the pieces of chicken breast with plastic wrap or wax paper.
Using a meat-tenderizing hammer or a heavy mug (like mine – I don’t have a meat-tenderizing hammer) pound the chicken breasts until they’re about 1/2 inch thick. Sprinkle the breasts with some salt. Now they’re ready for dipping and breading.
So if you’re trying to decide between fried chicken and spaghetti for dinner, have both! Enjoy Chicken Parmesan Over Angel Hair Pasta with Easy Artisan Bread and Chocolate No-Bake Cookies tonight. Your family will be very happy!