Chocolate No-Bake Cookies are a super quick, super easy sweet treat that is made in the microwave! It’s the perfect treat for a hot summer day!
Easy Chocolate No-Bake Cookies
- Large mixing bowl
- microwave safe medium glass bowl
- 3 cups quick or old-fashioned oats I like old-fashioned oats, but either one works just fine.
- 3 Tbs. baking cocoa
- 1 cup sweetened flake coconut
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 1 stick butter
- ½ cup pecans, or your favorite nuts chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, cocoa, coconut, nuts, and salt.
- In the microwave-safe bowl, add the butter, milk and sugar. Microwave on high for about 2 minutes until the butter melts. Remove it from the microwave and stir it well. Return to the microwave for another 3 minutes to boil the mixture.
- Remove the mixture from the microwave and stir well. Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix well until all the oats and nuts are coated.
- Drop by tablespoons-full (or use a small scoop) onto wax or parchment paper. Let them cool.
- After they have cooled to the point you can pick them up, place them in the refrigerator to set further.
- They taste great right out of the refrigerator!
My mother-in-law gave me this recipe for Chocolate No-Bake Cookies at my bridal shower. I was only 21 years old, still in college, and ready to get married. She said it was my husband’s favorite cookie. She was right. And almost 30 years later, I still have all of those wonderful family recipes shared with me at my bridal shower. I still have this cookie recipe labeled as my husband’s favorite.
How to Make The Hub’s Favorite Cookies
Use the microwave to make these cookies! The liquid can be brought to a boil in the microwave in a microwave-safe dish. Perfect for a hot summer day when you want a chocolate-y treat but don’t want to turn on the oven!
The only thing hard about making Chocolate No-Bake Cookies is keeping your family from grabbing them to eat before they’re set!
Some ingredients that can be added to create variety in these cookies are dried fruit such as cherries or blueberries, granola or cereal in place of or in addition to oats. Be creative!